MN Forum

Full Version: Staggered Newsletter
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I'd like to see a staggered newsletter feature for PES pro as I have around 5,000 members and when I send a newsletter my server just crashes.

I would like to be staggered to 50 per query as default but with the option for users to change this as per their preference.

This isn't an issue for the smaller exchanges but for the larger ones it's a huge issue
Hello,

What version of script are you using? That feature was added on version 1.6.5 (are sent 50 emails pet query, for the moment, that value cannot be changed).
Ah, the majority of my site is on 1.4 but I've custom coded the great majority of bug fixes and extra features.
Hello,

From 1.4.0 until now there are many updates, you can download script again from Customer Area, and check "Changelog.txt" attached with the script.
Well I've upgraded all the files now and tried a newsletter to all users (5,322) and it's insanely slow, I currently have 103 people on which is average for this time of day with instant loading time.

Where would I need to go to edit the settings of the staggering? I would like to reduce the requests per page.
Hello,

Open "admin-panel/sections/newsletter.php", search

PHP Code:
Hidden content for guests 

and replace 50 with how many emails you need to send on time.
(12-22-2012, 10:27 PM)Admin Wrote: [ -> ]Hidden content for guests

Thanks, also it's really easy to make this value configurable in the admin panel, if you want the code so you can use it in the next update feel free to message me.
Hello,

I know, it's very easy, but we decided to keep it 50 as default, because is not recommended to send more than 50 emails in the same time.