MN Forum

Full Version: Origin source of the traffic
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello ,

i would request an feature to premium users only in Youtube section and Traffic exchange section ,,

this feature will help them especial if they promote videos or need traffic for any thing related to Google adsense

This feature is , allow the VIP user to add any URL as the origin of the traffic!

if it possible to set "http://facebook.com", "http://google.com" or any other URL as the Traffic Source.

it will help them and protect them more in their business.

Regards,
i like this feature,maybe if the members have ability to set traffic they want like admin can set anonymous referring in admin area.
so when member add the site there is some drop down option;
1-default
2-anonymous redirection
3-custom member can input from what ever like hidereff,adf,goo.gl,fb.me and etc
It would be great if the members could select traffic source such as facebook.
We looked at this a while ago to see if it was possible - a contact who knows this stuff inside out says referrer spoofing is only possible from inside a browser (there are Chrome and Firefox add ons for this) - it is the browser which sends the referrer, not the website.

Referrer spoofing is different from referrer cloaking (like hide ref) which just makes referrer anonymous.

If anyone does find a web/server side solution - please let me know!

I hope this helps
(03-17-2013, 09:19 PM)stevehead Wrote: [ -> ]Hidden content for guests

This is slightly true as it's not possible with PHP (Server side scripting) but it can still be done with JS.

I have found a solution for Chrome and Firefox however.

Chrome:
PHP Code:
Hidden content for guests 

Firefox:
PHP Code:

Method with both mixed:

PHP Code:

Yes I know I used PHP tags when demonstrating JS but that's only because of the awesome MyBB PHP syntax highlighting.

If anybody wants me to create a cross browser working solution just send me a message and we can work something out.
That's very interesting - I'll run it past my contact.
Do you really think is a good ideea to do that, to change traffic source with a fake source? Do you think google, facebook or other websites will like the ideea to be used like fake source of traffic? Trust me, they don't like that ideea and honestly, I don't think you really want to get your website banned by them. There are some "rules" that have to be respected, I know from where most of you got this ideea, with fake traffic source, but wait for a while and the source of this ideea will suffer consequences. I'm sorry, but I have to reject this ideea.

P.S: Referrer (source) is set by browser and cannot be changed, with some tricks can be hidden (this is what HideRef do, hide referrer), but not changed. There are other ways to do that, like searching website on google, extracting url and after that using this url to access website (this is just an example).