MN Forum

Full Version: Latest version update
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hey!

How do I update to the latest version without removing the facebook modules?
It doesn't force it, if you update the files it says they will remain there. Just remember that keeping it on there you are breaking facebooks terms of service.

I recommend just removing it and telling your users to use the web traffic for their facebook stuff.
This is nothing new. It has been against Facebook TOS for years to offer any kind of incentive to gain likes/followers etc.

Most social exchange domains were blocked on FB, but I wouldn't worry about anything until your site is big enough for them to catch on.
I won't be removing the module until I get an actual request from Facebook. Admin most probs got a request to no longer develop the module.
So, here is the question again, How do I update to the latest version without removing the Facebook modules?
just make a backup of your files before you Update!

I did just overwrite all files with the newest Version and Facebook modules were still there and are working!

did you try this and your Facebook-modules wasn't there anymore?
Yes, I try this before and was a mess! my facebook was gone and lots database error.
Thats weird, i had no Problems at all!
The update does not force anything it just no longer include the files. You did something else that was wrong. Make sure you follow the updated files list.
(06-16-2013, 08:37 AM)Preston Wrote: [ -> ]Hidden content for guests

exactly Wink
Pages: 1 2 3