Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Youtube says you aren't subscribed to this user!
This problem again. A lot of members have contacted me lately (especially last 2 days). They say that they are subscribing but get that error all the time.

I told them this but they still get the error:

1. Enable cookies if you already haven't.
2. Clear cache and cookies.
3. Subscribe with the same youtube account that you added to likenation.com
Hello,

Well, as we already announced, there are problems with youtube API's, they added cache on their API and now are updated very slow (API is updated once at hour or slower). We added all possible functions to check, is impossible to make this module perfect again, as long as Youtube doesn't update their API in realtime. Anyway, I checked and "Youtube Subscribers" module works fine (from 5 tries, all worked fine). So is possible that your users are using bots or scripts for Youtube and in this case, doesn't works (system doesn't allow this kind of tricks). Feel free to try yourself (check if you are loggedin on the same youtube account as added on website), if works for you, works for everybody, but they don't know to use it.

P.S: Yes, is possible once from few subscribes to make problems, but if they try again with the same account, second time will be fine.
Yeah it works fine for me but the last 3 days a lot of members have contacted me about youtube subs Sad

Is there something else that I can tell them to do other than those 3 steps?
(02-14-2013, 01:47 AM)Galaxian Wrote: Hidden content for guests

Well, ask them if they use any bots or scripts on the system. Also, ask them what browser they use or if theirk youtube account is confirmed, etc. This kind of questions, maybe these things will help us in the future, but for the moment system works fine for me, for you and for many others, so I can't trust these users who report that problem to you, maybe they have no ideea how to use it.
Hmm okay. Also, is it possible to add a limit on how many times they can delete/add a youtube account to X times/X days or something? I have noticed that you get that error when the popup takes you to a channel that you already subscribed to. When you then unsubscribe and subscribe again it won't give you points somehow.
(02-14-2013, 04:41 AM)Galaxian Wrote: Hidden content for guests

Hello,

We can't add these kind of limits, are useless and as long as for the moment is allowed to use just one account at time, these limits are not ok. There is a security measure on scrip, to don't allowe user to unsubscribe and subscribe again, if they are already subscribed, they have to skip that person.
Hmm I think that it's a bad system. A lot of people readd their youtube accounts (own experience on my site) and when someone tries to subscribe to an already subscribed account he won't be able to earn points. Then, when you click on "skip" the page is removed but when you reload the page the "skipped" channel is back gain. User will try to subscribe again but won't succeed and this is when they start to contact the admin and whine on youtube videos about the error. This is also harming sites that have small member base.
When page is skipped doesn't appear again (at least this is suposed to be, I will take a look to see if is any little error here) and no, is not a bad system, in this way cheaters go away. For the moment we don't have what to do about Youtube modules, as long as they changed their API (without announcement) there is no other way to check if user subscriber or not (just few tricks with API that wasn't chached yet). We hope youtube will change remove this cache, if Youtube will start caching all their API's, their is no other solution, we will have to remove Youtube module. Until that, topic closed for the moment, is something ill be changed, I will announce that.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Youtube module like4pro 4 4,048 04-03-2017, 04:45 AM
Last Post: drakula
  youtube and twitter tweet not working? PyroTech03 1 1,950 12-11-2016, 02:22 PM
Last Post: PyroTech03
  Youtube Module Working? Kamix 11 7,658 06-12-2016, 08:19 PM
Last Post: igrok0075