Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Upgrade from 1.9.6 to 1.9.8
Hi All,

I am running PES Pro 1.9.6 and I want to upgrade to 1.9.8 to take advantage of all new features and enhancements. I have also customized the homepage design only. not the full script but only the homepage. My question is

1- If I want to upgrade, do I need to upgrade to 1.9.7 before I upgrade to 1.9.8 or can I upgrade directly to 1.9.8

2- Which files should I not replace to keep the home page design as it's.
You need to upload files that have been edited for every version, so you need to look at which files were edited in 1.9.7 and upload them and then 1.7.8.

You can't keep the design, you will have to redo the edits in css + header/index or the pages where you made custom edits.
Hi Galaxian,

Thank you so much for your quick response, as for the edits on the CSS + header/index if I don't upload these files again and keep the old files well it effect the new version. Shall I try to upload changed files without re uploading any file that have to do with CSS hear/index.
I think that there will be design errors on some thing such as the new reward system and maybe other things that were added/edited in 1.9.7.

EDIT: A quick tip on what I do with the CSS file is that I keep track of all my custom edits and then just delete it from the original CSS file and add it to my custom CSS and include both of the CSS files in the header.
Actually the problem is that I didn't do the design myself and hired someone to do it for me. I am not into coding myself. So that I understand from you is that there is 3 primary files that make the design structure of the website which are header index.php and the CSS file, Do you mean by CSS files the style.css and main.css under themes/PES folder?

Shall I compare the original files from 1.9.6 with customized files on my server take note of changes and then upgrade the files to 1.9.7 then to 1.9.8 and then restore the changes. Do you know any tool that can compare two files together and highlight changes.

I will really appreciate if you can answer those concerns.
Hello,

If you know what files are changed, just make a full back up to your website (files + database), and the upload and replace all changed files (at v1.9.7 and v1.9.8). When it's done, just compare files (I recommend you Notepad++) and apply your custom changes again.

P.S: If you customised homepage only, then I think you've changed "index.php" and maybe "header.php" and "style.css"

Regards!
Thank you so much for your quick response admin, Yes I have only homepage design changed. I will follow your instructions.
Did Found this in the forum:

"You can also use WinMerge (winmerge.org) you can compare folders or fles with each other. Changes are shown you by yellow lines. It's a great little tool and free"

Hope this helps Smile
Thank you so much, appreciate it. Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  wanna to know how to upgrade without problems click4like 8 3,287 04-20-2013, 05:39 PM
Last Post: Admin